BROWNE DESCENDANTS OF HARMAN, Son of James of Kilmihill, Co Clare, third son of William, 20th Baron of Kerry
Captain James Fitzmaurice married secondly Juliana Cooper, otw Browne. She was the daughter of William Browne and Elizabeth Clayton of Browne's Hill. Juliana's grandfather was John Browne who married Mary Jennings.. Upon the accession of James II, he suffered great hardship. His house was seized, his family imprisoned and his stock confiscated. Subsequent to the Battle of the Boyne, he was reinstated with all his possessions. John Browne and Mary Jennings, the daughter of Robert Jennings had issue:-1. William Browne b 1684 who married Elizabeth Clayton and had issue
2. Thomas Browne
3. Daughter Browne who married Benjamin Fisher
William Browne married Elizabeth Clayton, the daughter of the Dean of Derry, Rev John Clayton. The family were descended from the Claytons of Adlington Hall, Lancaster. They had issue six children:-
1. Robert Browne b 1729. Married Eleanor Morres, a daughter of Redmond Morres and Elizabeth Lodge d 1816. Had issue a) William who married Lady Charlotte Bourke, daughter of the third Earl of Mayo, b) Redmond and c) Lieutenant General Robert Browne who married Harriet Clayton and assumed the surname Browne-Clayton
2. Juliana Browne b 1744. Married firstly Cooper of Bennekerry. No details are yet known but he was most likely one of the Coopers of Coopers Hill who were quakers and secondly on 25 March 1776 James Fitzmaurice, son of Harman and Margaret and had issue.
4. Anne Browne married Right Rev Thomas Bernard
5. Catherine Browne married Rev Abraham Symes
6. Mary Browne married Peter Gale.