FALKINER DESCENDANTS OF HARMAN, Son of James of Kilmihill, Co Clare, third son of William, 20th Baron of Kerry
Rev John Falkiner, b 1747, DD, Rector of Carlow, Chaplain to the Duke of Leinster married Mary Galbraith on 11th May, 1780. Mary was born in 1759 at Old Derrig, Carlow and was the eldest daughter of Samuel Galbraith Esq of Old Derrig by Frances Fisher, otw Galbraith. Her grandfather was James Galbraith of Old Derrig. John and Mary had issue seven children:-1. Emily Olivia Falkiner, bpt 11th June 1781 and bpt 11 Jun 1781.
2. William Robert Falkiner, bpt Carlow 21 Oct 1782 and died 8 Feb 1783.
3. Rev Frederick John Falkiner, b 10 Dec 1784. Married Helena Maria FitzMaurice. She died at Spring Hill, Carlow aged 69 and buried 13 July 1853 Killeshin. He died 16th November 1839, Blois, France. Had issue.
4. John Falkiner, b 1785. Died 1785.
5. Frances Rebecca Falkiner, b 9th August 1786. Died 9th August 1801.
6. Elizabeth Falkiner, b 25 Sept 1788. Baptised privately on 12 Oct, 1788. Died 30th Sept 1788.
7. Catherine Falkiner, b 1790 and died before 1821.
Frederick John Falkiner, b 10 Dec 1784, Lieutenant in Dublin Militia married in Carlow Church on 22nd May 1813 Helena Maria FitzMaurice (She was b 1784 and died 13 Jul 1853 Spring Hill House, Carlow). Frederick fell into a Ravine in Blois France in 1839 and died. His address at the time of his death was Laurel Lodge, Carlow. Had issue six children:1. Frances Rebecca Falkiner b 16 Oct 1816 and bpt 22nd Oct 1816 Carlow. Died 1816
2. Elizabeth Falkiner, b 1818. Bpt 16th Sept, 1818 Carlow. Married Holmes.
3. Frederick John Harman Falkiner b 2 Jan 1820 Laurel Lodge and died 10 Nov 1887 Montgomery St, Carlow. Probate granted to John William Killeen of 51 Dame St, Dublin, Solicitor. Frederick John was a witness at his sister Anne's wedding and signed himself as 'Harman Falkiner'.
4. Daniel Falkiner, b 11 Feb 1823 at Laurel Lodge, Carlow. A farmer. Married 16 Aug 1855 Bilboa Parish, Carlow, Elizabeth James, daughter of John Gillis, Sergeant in Constabulary (2nd Marriage - She was first married on 18 July 1846 at Dunleckney to Jacob James, son of John James, Farmer). The witnesses at their wedding were William Clemente and Anne Falkiner. Had issue:-
(a) Helena Maria Florence, b 1857.
(b) Elizabeth, b 24 Dec 1859 and died 11th April 1944 at Tufts Cove, Hallifax. (Married Alfred Holmes on 14 Nov 1888 at Dartmouth, Halifax, Nova Scotia & had issue six children: Amelia b 3 Jun 1902 who married 1. Roy Lee Tyndall, 2. Jack Heise and 3. Cecil Dairy Nelson, Edna Mae b 22 Jul 1898 and d 3 Apr 1974. Married Nelson Alexander Smith on 11 Oct 1922). Daniel died 16 Dec 1893 Downing, Co Kildare.
5. Helena Maria Falkiner b ca 1825. Bpt Killeshin. Married Thomas Mitchell, 1843, Tuam.
6. Anne Falkiner b 1826. Bpt 11th June 1826, Killeshin. Married 30 Jul 1856 Killeshin Church, William Willoughby (b 1831-), Bachelor and Gentleman. Son of William Willoughby. Residence of William Willoughby junior was Monawee. Anne's address at the time of her marriage was Spring Hill. Witnesses at marriage were Harman Falkiner and Jas J. Hoysted.
7. Emily Olivia Falkiner b ca 1827.
8. Hans Riggs Falkiner, b 6 Oct 1828 at Laurel Lodge, Carlow. Died 11 Oct 1845.
A pedigree of the Falkiners of Abbotstown (condensed) was compiled by Geo. H. Falkiner Nuttall, FRS, 1916 and was published in the Journal of the Archaeological Society of the County of Kildare.