HASKINS DESCENDANTS OF HARMAN FITZMAURICE, Son of James of Kilmihill, Co Clare, third son of William, 20th Baron of Kerry
Margaret FitzMaurice of Spring Hill, Carlow married Abraham Haskins of Coolkenna Hale, Co Wicklow on 18th May, 1819. Margaret was the daughter of Harman and Maria, grand-daughter of James and Catherine Moore and great grand daughter of Harman FitzMaurice and Margaret Fitzgerald. They had five children:-1. John Haskins b 1822
2. Thomas Haskins b 15 Jan 1824. Bpt 5 April, 1824 at Aghold Church, Carlow. He died 28 Oct 1911 at Shillelagh, Wicklow
3. Margaret Haskins b 1826. Married Michael Lawrenson, a farmer, on 1 Dec 1846 at Aghold, Shillelagh, Co Wicklow. He died in June 1890 at Shillelagh, Wicklow. They had:
a) Helena Jane Lawrenson b 6 Oct 1847, bpt 9 April 1848 Aghold Parish (Address Killemore). She married Henry Higginbotham of Tombrane, Carnew on 27th June 1871, son of John.
b) Margaret Lawrenson b 27 Oct 1850 and bpt Aghold Parish 13 April 1851 (Address Killemore). She was buried at Aghold Parish on 14th February 1876 aged 25.
c) Hannah Maria Lawrenson, bpt 9th April, 1853 at Aghold Parish (Address Killemore)
d) Robert Ralph Lawrenson b 14 August, 1855 and bpt 9 Dec 1855 at Aghold Parish (Address Killemore)
e) Marcella Sarah Lawrenson b 28 May 1858 and bpt Aghold Parish 12 Sept 1858 (address Killemore) who married Ralph de Renzie Lawrenson on 30 June 1874 at St Ann's, Dawson Street. Ralph died in March 1922 in Shillelagh aged 71. They had Charlotte b 11 Oct 1875, Wicklow, Ralph b 1879, Margaret b 30 Mar 1880, Marcella b 1890, Richard Greene b 1893.
Margaret died on 15th December 1899, burial at Aghold. Address Adroyne. Age at death 73.
4. William Fitzmaurice Haskins b 27 May 1828 and bpt 6 July 1828 at Aghold Church, Carlow. Married Sarah Elizabeth. Had a daughter Deborah b 14 Dec 1845. He died 5 Jul 1896 at Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. See also below Lawrensons of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
5. Castiliana Susannah Haskins b 1831 Laois married George Henry Lafarelle on 6th April 1861 at Shilelagh, Wicklow, Aghold Parish. They had seven children - see separate Lafarelle box below. She died 1898 Wentworth, Ontario
John Haskins, eldest son of Abraham and Margaret married Elizabeth Harriett Brough on 14 April 1847 at St Bride's Church, Dublin. Their address at the time was both William St, Dublin. Elizabeth was the daughter of Captain Constantine Brough. They had six children:-1. John Haskins b 7 Jul 1849. Married Bridget ?
2. Margaret Fitzmaurice Haskins b 19 July 1852 Knockalaomcoyle, Tinahely. She married Edward H. Beacom and d 8 June 1931 Connecticut
3. William Haskins b 25 Sept 1853 Knockalaomcoyle, Tinahely
4. Constantine Abraham Haskins b 2 Feb 1857 Knockalaomcoyle, Tinahely. Married Mary J. Haskins and had a child 5. Adelaide Haskins b 1881 New York who married Mr Kummins. They had a child Samuel P. Kummins.
Harriet b 9 Nov 1858 Knockalaomcoyle, Tinahely. Married William Kaufman. She died 23 Mar 1930 Connecticut
5. Gerald Francis Haskins b July 1860 New York. Married 1890 Margaret Bishop. Had Edward Brough b 1892 married Sarah Helen Burke, Gerald Francis b 1897 New Jersey and John Anthony b 10 Dec 1902.
Thomas Haskins, farmer at the Coolkenno Hall Estate, second
son of Abraham Haskins and his wife Margaret otw Fitzmaurice, married Hannah
Jane, the daughter of Samuel Parke of Latouche's Bank, a Huguenot and
Freeman of Dublin. had issue:-
Abraham George Haskins b 1856. Veterinarian, farmer, organist, hereditary freeman of Dublin and Member of the Royal Dublin Society. Still alive 1939. Sold Coolkenno in 1912. Attended Rathmines School Dublin from 1874.
Castiliana Susannah Haskins b 1831 Laois, daughter of Abraham Haskins of Coolkenna, Co Wicklow, Gent married George Henry Lafarelle , son of James Lafarelle on 6th April 1861 at Shilelagh, Wicklow, Aghold Parish Church. Thomas F. Haskins was a witness at the marriage. They had seven children. Castiliana died 1898 Wentworth, Ontario.
1. James F. b 1863 Athy, Kildare married Martha Broadley in Ontario.
2. George Henry b 14 Jul 1864..
3. Mary Anne b 1868 married George Henry Peacock on 3 Feb 1892 at Wentworth, Ontario, Canada.
4. Matilda Margaret b 1868
5. William b 21 Dec 1869
6. Elizabeth Harriet b 14 Apr 1872 married Albert Edward Fryers of Ontario.
7. Harriete b 14 April 1872
Unknown though very likely Lawrenson/Carlow Fitzmaurice connections:
Cochran Palmer married Elizabeth Lawrenson in 1804 (MLB). They had issue including John H. Palmer who married Margaret's sister Castiliana Fitzmaurice in 1826 at Leighlin, Carlow. John and Castiliana had issue including a daughter also Castiliana who married in 1846 in Hamilton, Wentworth, Ontario.
John H. Palmer married secondly on 1st August, 1850 in New York with address of the city of Hamilton, C.W., as eldest son of Cochran Palmer of Rush Hall Castle, Queens County (near Borris in Ossory) to Mary, daughter of the late Henry Macartney esq, former banker of Carlow.
Also in some way connected:
Marriage on 5th February 1889 by special licence at St Andrew's Church, Dublin, Dr Harman Fitzmaurice Lawrenson, BAMD, TCD, youngest son of Michael Lawrenson of Ardoyne, House, Co Wicklow to Susanna Baker, daughter of the late John Valentine, Rathsallagh, Co Wicklow (Susanna died in 1908 and Harman married secondly on 17th January, 1910 Emily Adeline Penny) . Had issue including Raymond Fitzmaurice Lawrenson, Captain, Cheshire Regiment, b 1890 who died in France on 5th September, 1917, Mabel A Lawrenson b 1891 and Phyllis b 1892. Dr Harman died in 1944 at Heswall, Cheshire.